You are here
How to Upload Documents
New Feature – Drag and drop files into the upload window.
Uploading documents is a lot easier now. DEX provides you two options to upload documents. Note: Once a document has been uploaded, it cannot be deleted. If you wish to remove a document, you must contact the examiner-in-charge (EIC) and request that they delete the item.
How to Upload Documents Using the Built in File Browser
- To upload a file, select the appropriate folder, and click the new files button in the upper left hand corner of the navigation screen
- Select the “add files” link at the bottom of the new files window, then using your computer’s file explore function; select the files you would like to upload and click open.
- Once you have selected your files, click the “start upload” link to upload your documents into DEX. The new files window will close when the upload has completed.Do not click the “close” button unless you do not want to upload a document.
How to Upload Documents Using the Drag & Drop Feature
- The new drag and drop feature allows you to upload files by dragging the file into the new files window.To start, click the new files button, this will open the new files window.
- Next, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where your files are located.Highlight the file(s) you wish to upload and holding your left mouse button down, drag the files to the new files window, to the “drag files here” section and let go of the left mouse button.
- After all the files have been dragged into the window, click the start upload link. When the upload has completed the window will close. Do not click the “close” button, unless you do not want to upload any files.